quick and dirty adobe floor.

patrick newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Wed Sep 11 19:30:59 CDT 1996

At 02:22 PM 9/8/96 -0700, you wrote:
>  If you don't want to mess with the adobe, you might try mixing
>psyllium seeds with your crushed gravel, wetting, and tamping.  The psyllium
>seeds make the gravel bind together great, and is commonly used for outdoor
>sports surfaces with crushed granite.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Steve Kemble, P.E.
>Sustainable Systems Support
>P.O. Box 318
>Bisbee, AZ  85603
>.

Hey anyone.
I really feel this is a good idea for me. My wife went to the local feed
store and ask for psyllium but they didn't know what it was. I called a feed
and seed place in Columbus Ga and they had heard of it and even sold it on
occation but  they didn't have any at the moment and didn't recall the
price. They did say they could order some If I wanted so I will call them
tomorrow.  Any help would be appreciated in terms of  the best place to look
for this stuff. Other names they call psyllium seed (southern dialect
preferred. What do normal people use the  stuff for? What kind of prices
should I expect and any idea on how much of this stuff I should  buy for a
12 x 40 floor What kind of drying time can I exprect.  My wife is still
concerned about here piano sinking in the floor.. And lastly does anyone
think this is a good or bad idea for a quick and dirty floor. (storage area).
I;ve got my bales of straw sitting under some plastic and can't wait to
finish with this floor stuff.