Stucco and earth plaster.

Sustainable Systems Support sssalive at primenet.com
Sat Sep 28 23:27:41 CDT 1996

>Well I went to a store to find this type-n lime
>all I find is some in the garden shop to be used on one's garden.
>Is this the right stuff?
>If not where should I look.
>I did find some type-n cement.
>So any way I got some garden lime
>and type-n cement, what ever type-n means.

Look at your builder's supply or masonry supply store.  I've used Type-S
hydrated lime for plastering.  It's the same stuff you mix with Portland
cement to make stucco or mortar (sometimes called 'mortar lime').  NOT
agricultural lime.  I myself have had a hard time finding anyone who really
knows much about the use of lime.  The supply stores usually only have
salesmen that have never gotten their hands dirty with the stuff.

Steve Kemble
Sustainable Systems Support