Hello? Is this thing on? (tap-tap-tap)

patrick newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Sun Oct 6 20:23:21 CDT 1996

At 03:06 PM 10/7/96 -0700, you wrote:
>HELLOOOO!
>                        (h'lo ... h'lo ... h'lo ...)
>
>IS THERE ANYONE THERRRRE?!
>                        (there ... there ... there ...)
>
>.Yo I'm here!!!!
Well I put up a tin roof on my shed today.
the rains have really been coming down (they started after I finished)
It going to have strawbale walls but earth plaster walls.
I'm still having problems locating lime.
My next structure will be cob so I am using the earth plaster as a warm up .
I heard that some folks put asphalt emulsion in there cob to stabilize it.
is this the same as some foundation and roof coating which contain
asphalt and Petroleum Distillate
Does this mix with water.
just for the heck of it while I was puting  the asphalt on the foundation,
I put small patch on some adobe plaster and it dried to a nice
waterproof/resistant finish.
I may add some portland cement to the earth plaster for the outside.
Any one know of any success with this.

Well let me know if anyone read this.
I'll start my cob building in March or April (our winters are short in
middle georgia)
Bye