Hello? Is this thing on? (tap-tap-tap)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue Oct 8 05:26:33 CDT 1996

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, patrick newberry wrote:

[snip]
> I'm still having problems locating lime.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I am assuming that you have tried
building supply stores, hardware stores, etc.  You might check the yellow
pages for builders, anyone who does foundations should know where to get
it.  You might also try farm supply stores (the ones that sell feed &
seed, fencing, etc.).

> My next structure will be cob so I am using the earth plaster as a warm up .
> I heard that some folks put asphalt emulsion in there cob to stabilize it.
> is this the same as some foundation and roof coating which contain
> asphalt and Petroleum Distillate
> Does this mix with water.
> just for the heck of it while I was puting  the asphalt on the foundation,
> I put small patch on some adobe plaster and it dried to a nice
> waterproof/resistant finish.

Don't know anything about this.

> I may add some portland cement to the earth plaster for the outside.
> Any one know of any success with this.

I have heard of people having problems with plasters like this because
they are so hard, if there is any uneven settling the plaster won't give
and shift with the surface it is applied to, so it cracks and flakes off.

Shannon Dealy
dealy at deatech.com