Coblist Notice & Cob Workshop

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Thu Oct 24 14:12:10 CDT 1996

THE COBLIST NOTICE:

I'm going to be at the Natural Building Colloquium next week, so if there
are any problems with the list server they will not be fixed until about
the 5th of November.  If you have a problem after October 26th, please
wait until after November 5th to see if it gets corrected, before sending
me any mail (there will be more than enough in my mail box from next week
as it is).

THE WORKSHOP:

                 ASTOUNDING FEATS OF PRESTIDIGITATION

      SEE ORDINARY DIRT TURNED INTO WALLS BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES
               LEARN TO PERFORM THESE FEATS FOR YOURSELF
                         AMAZE YOUR FRIENDS

                 GET DOWN AND DIRTY WITH MASTER COBBERS

There is still time to sign up for the last cob workshop of the year.
This workshop will be held in Austin Texas from November 11 - 17.  While
I have tried to give the basic information necessary for building with
cob on this mailing list, there is no substitute for hands on experience.
These workshops cover how to determine the right mix for your soil,
mixing cob, building walls, windows & door ways, attaching fixtures,
siting your building, foundations, and more.  Typically some coverage
is also given to other related subjects such as: cob floors, plastering,
cob sculpture & cob bread ovens.  If you are interested, check the cob web
site (http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage) or contact Cob Cottage Company:

        Cob Cottage Company
        Box 123
        Cottage Grove, OR 97424