good news

Paul Valerio valeri at io.com
Sat Dec 7 09:13:38 CST 1996

Pat,

Concerning your new cob octagon "house" and  septic system, why not go
with a rainwater collection system, greywater disposal system (
evapo-transpiration seems to be the common recommendation ) and a
composting toilet which requires no plumbing?  I am far from being any
kind of authority on this stuff, but I have personally latched on to the
idea of all this stuff because of the environmental benefits and the
lower cost if you are comparing it to a septic system and a water well.

Check out > http://www.oldgrowth.org/compost/toilets.html  for a list of
compost toilet possibilities.  Sun-Mar is apparently a good company, (
but don't ask me! ).  I think under their "other info" or "misc info" or
something they have a document about greywater disposal that was written
for Florida.

The only concern though, apart from the total cost of all this, is the
law in your area regarding greywater and blackwater disposal.

And if you already know about all this, then just disregard this message
as coming from an enthusiastic neophyte!

pv