good news

ewa at gis.net ewa at gis.net
Thu Dec 12 06:22:05 CST 1996

Shannon C. Dealy wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 goshawk at gnat.net wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
> > 2. I will bring out a dump truck of gravel and fill in the bottom of
> > the footings with the gravel, then using cement and granite rocks and
> > cement begin making a stem wall. From what I understand it should be
> > three inches greater of each side of the cob wall. I live in a hot
> > summer / mild winter (still some below freezing weather). I thought
> > of  18 inch thick wall. Sound good? too thick?
above
> > grade too high (or can you be too high).

eido:Frank L. Wrights idea of rubble trench foundations was
tried out and reported in FINE HOMEBUILDING mag. a few years
back. I think the author was Elias Velonis(sp) then of the
Heartwood School, MA. The method seems to have great promise
although this was a timber frame I think. Does anyone have any
other info on rubble trench (loose riverstone) foundations?
																																																		 eido