cobbing

Ms L.f Sutherland HIS187S at its-menz.cc.monash.edu.au
Sat Feb 8 08:54:40 CST 1997

Dear Rhys/all "cobbers",
Gday cobbers! *laugh* well as you can see I must be an Australian
*laugh*
I have recently joined this list, being only the latest development
in a longstanding interest in alternative building technologies (as
part of a plan to build my own small cottage on my half-acre in the
central goldfields region of Victoria). In response to your mail, I
would like to register my interest in possibly participating in a cob
workshop (in SE Aust before July 97 or after Jan 98). And I would
like to say how nice it is to have this forum in which some
discussion and interaction on the topic of cob building is possible.
I should say that my current version of my house forsees post and
bean construction with mud-brick infill - however if I knew more
about cob (and about the feasibility of persuading Council on its
merits) maybe I could do a cob house instead. (Reading about "Bear
Castle" in Victoria is encouraging - as Australians may know - a
century old two storey cob building).
Please keep me posted on the plans for the workshop. Thanks.
Lesley Sutherland