Cob Earthship

Will Firstbrook WCB of BC wfirstbr at msmail.wcb.bc.ca
Wed Apr 16 11:08:00 CDT 1997

Hi Kat,

Your reply regarding how long it takes to build a cob structure
intrigues me. Of course I am interested in labor saving devices. A
cement mixer sounds like a good idea. Could you elaborate on tractor
cob? Is it mixing all the ingredients on the ground using the tilling
blades and then scooping it up for building the wall?

I understand you can only build a wall 8 - 12 inches per day depending
on how firm the cob is. But I would also expect if you have enough
people and/or labor saving devices you could build all exterior and
interior walls simultaneously for faster overall construction.

Thanks,
Will