earthoven recipes

Kiko Denzer 0007558182 at MCIMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 29 14:32:24 CDT 1997

gayle and yvonne
Seems to me imagination rather than recipes is best for earth-
oven cooking, but I can recommend one bread book that I have
used to learn about traditional sourdough breads, which were
and are typically baked in a wood-fired oven, and which respond
very well to the radiant-heat environment.
Bread Alone, by Daniel Leader, about $30 with flashy fotos.
Carolina Mahon (Gayle, you remember her from Tlaxco), said there
is a better book for sourdough breads. Which reminds me, I hsould
email her for the citation. I'll ask her to CC you.

As for what you can cook in an earth oven, here's one chef's list:
"Roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini & onions in a cumin/orange
glaze, with roast garlic pork loin; baked apples, roasted eggplant,
squash and leeks, rosemary polenta, herb-roasted salmon and
peach pie; cinnamon rolls..." So you see, it's pretty wide-open...

But being a bread-lover, I would xerox some pages out of Bread
Alone or some other good bread book, and add them.
Buen provecho! Bon appetit!
Kiko Denzer