Rubble foundations

marcos at ichips.intel.com marcos at ichips.intel.com
Wed Apr 30 10:33:10 CDT 1997

I am looking for instructions on rubble foundations.

What I have thought is:

1. Dig a trench deeper that frost depth.  Make the trench slope to one
   corner where any water will be drained to daylight.

2. Make a mixture of 3/4 minus basalt gravel and mason sand.  Place this
   mixture in the trench.  Compact the basalt gravel/sand mixture as you
   go along.  Fill the trench to ground level.

3. Start first course of stabilized (water-proofed with cement or asphalt
   emulsion) adobe bricks.  The number of water-proof bricks should be enough
   so it is 6 inches high.

Am I correct?  I welcome any sugestions or corrections.

Thanks,