Septic drain line slope (was Re: Relevant URLs)

wmgale wmgale at concentric.net
Tue May 6 21:38:21 CDT 1997

SM wrote:

> Sounds interesting. Septic lines are usually dead level, but check with
> local codes.
>
> sm

> > I digging my foundation for my earth domes and am getting ready to
> > dig the septic drain pipes trenches. What is the minimum slope for
> > septic drain pipe?

> > Pat,

CABO single family dwelling code is a little garbled.  It reads
(p237, sec. 3808.2) "The slope of the lines shall be at least
but not more than [sic] one-half unit vertical in 100 units horizontal
(0.5 percent) or less than one-fourth unit vertical in 100 units
horizontal (0.25 percent)."

I suspect they meant to write that the slope should be between 0.25%
and 0.5%.

Gale