Earthships vis-av-vis cob

Timothy Tikker timjt at awod.com
Tue Jun 24 07:20:07 CDT 1997

Sorry if this question is too elementary....

I'm just beginning to investigate the Earthship concept.  I understand that
it normally calls for rammed earth, tires, cans, etc.

I'm wondering what anyone here has thought about the integration of cob
construction with Earthship concepts?  If it feasible?

I ask because cob really appears to ma a much more attractively natural
method than using tires & cans -- though I fully understand and appreciate
the intent of the latter, and admit that such applications can have merit.

- Tim Tikker