Coblist administrative notes - Please Read

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Thu Jul 17 18:59:35 CDT 1997

Sometime in the next few days (Friday or Saturday night), I am going to
have to begin a major software upgrade on the system that runs the coblist
and provides the web site.  If all goes according to plan, it should be up
and running before anyone notices that it is gone (the upgrade will be
started after 11PM PDT), however problems usually occur with these kind of
changes so please be patient if it goes away for a couple days (this
shouldn't happen, I have alternate computers that can be used in the event
of a major catastrophe, but I thought I should give fair warning).

On a related note, I am going to try to correct all other problems that
I am aware of with the system (I have already started making some
changes). I know that Robert Bolman has been having trouble sending email
to the list, has anyone else been having problems of any sort?

One final note.  As part of this upgrade, I am going to be making system
and network security even tighter than it is, and while this is for
reasons unrelated to this list, it is possible that some of you might
start having problems sending to the list.  If this should happen PLEASE
let me know.  If you do experience this problem, you won't be able to send
email to me directly, so please send messages to:

                deatech at peak.org

You should always be able to email me at this address if you experience
any problems.  This is an account that I maintain using a different
service provider just for testing the web site, security, mail system,
etc. so that I can see how the system behaves from the perspective of
outside users.  If you are ever unable to send to either of my email
addresses, then it most likely means that there is a problem with your
service provider's mail system, or that this section of Oregon has
lost its main connection(s) to the internet (this has happened a couple
times in the last two years).

Thanks,

Shannon Dealy
dealy at deatech.com (preferred)