Cob Do I really need sand in my clay?

FROG FROG at nbs.gov
Mon Jul 28 13:15:09 CDT 1997

Hi Folks:

I have done some experimenting with cob/earth plaster mixes and it seems to me
that there is very little correspondence in how many cracks develop and the
ratio of sand to clay.  Does anyone have any reason why I can't therefore just
dispense with the sand?

Thanks

sam

   0<    0-      0<    0-      0<    0-      0<
->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)   ->>)
  L      L      L      L      L      L      L

 Sam Droege  FROG at NBS.GOV
 w 301-497-5840 h 410-798-6759 fax 301-497-5784
PWRC, 12100 Beech Forest Dr., Laurel, Md 20708-4038
Http://www.im.nbs.gov

          But nature is a stranger yet;
          The ones that cite her most
          Have never passed her haunted house,