Cob straw bale construction

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Sun Aug 17 18:57:06 CDT 1997

> From:          M J Epko <duckchow at ix.netcom.com>

> 	This is kinda cool... useta be that people on the SB List would ask about
> cob, and now somebody from the Cob List is asking about SB. Awright.

You're  Right, and I was one of those folks that ask about cob, dang
and now look at me!
 Thought I'd throw in the magazine
"The Last Straw journal
  P.O. Box 42000
  Tucson, AZ  85733-2000
(520) 882-3848
it cost $28 a year (within US) and is published quarterly.

Well (changing the subject) I had hoped to have my vault up by this
weekend. Unfortunately I pickup a cold (me and I NEVER get sick) and
then the temperature  got up to around 97 so needless to say it
slowed me down a bit. I've Still got about 20 wheel barrels of  earth
left to pack and it should be done. I feel a bit like a kid waiting
for Christmas. I may need to add a bit more buttressing. I mean I
don't want this big event of dropping the form and seeing my pride
and joy collapse. Boy wouldn't that go over good with the family.
Anyway, once I get it complete (this week!) I'll  post the
measurements. It's pretty big. (and the baby is SOLID.

Pat and the Maukly crew

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities,
 but in the expert's there are few."
                                    Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind