Cob RE: Vapour barrier needed?

Will Firstbrook WCB of BC wfirstbr at msmail.wcb.bc.ca
Wed Aug 20 13:26:34 CDT 1997

Hi Tim and others on the list,

In the Cobber's Companion Ianto Evans has a list of the most common
mistakes people make with Cob construction. One of the problems is not
allowing enough time for the cob to dry out before frost. Thus I must
conclude that it is a judgement call, the cob should be dry enough prior
to the frost so the water has enough space that it can crystallize into.
Obviously the drier the better.

Regards,
Will