Coblist Admin: Thanks, Archives, Unsubscribing

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sat Aug 30 19:53:24 CDT 1997

First off, on the one year anniversary (more or less) of the coblist, I
would like to thank all of you who have sent me notes of
support/encouragement when things have gotten a little crazy on the list
over the last year.  The email notes are appreciated, but I have often not
replied to them because I just didn't have the time to respond.  I do try
to always respond if there is a specific question (though even these

I have had a number of requests recently for information on how to
remove yourself from the coblist, there was also a recent request on how
to access the archives, so here it is:

ACCESSING THE COBLIST ARCHIVES:

   The archives of the coblist can be accessed using your web browser
   from:
         http://www.deatech.com/natural.html

   Alternatively, you can use email to access the archives by sending
   messages to majordomo at deatech.com with one of the following commands
   in the body (not subject of the message):

         index coblist

   The "index" message will cause a list of all of the files in the
   archives to be emailed to you.  Once you have received this list
   of messages, you can use the "get" command to retrieve files from
   the archives:

         get coblist filename

   Where "filename" is the name of a file from the list you retrieved
   using the "index" command above.  You may place multiple "get"
   commands in a single message (one per line) in order to get more
   than one file at a time.

REMOVING YOURSELF FROM THE COBLIST:

   To unsubscribe from the cob mailing list, send email to
   "majordomo at deatech.com" with the following line in the body
   (not subject) of the message:

         unsubscribe coblist

   Alternatively you may need to use the line:

         unsubscribe coblist email-address

   where email-address is the email address of the account that you used
   to subscribe to the coblist.  The second form is only required if you are
   attempting to unsubscribe yourself using a different account than the one
   that you used to subscribe.

Shannon Dealy
dealy at deatech.com