Cob (Fwd) Re: Solar Chimneys

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Fri Sep 26 04:02:20 CDT 1997

> Pat, I have been luking in the background of the cob list for some weeks
> not feeling like I can really contribute much.  But my interest was
> roused by the subject of your post "Solar Chimneys", however...chimneys
> of any sort never got a mention!
> --
>
> Frank Duffy     Glasgow, Scotland.

Sorry Frank,
What happened was I subscribe to both the strawbale and the cob news
group and I got a bit mixed up. Been out there pounding my sandbag
dome too much I suppose.
anyway
Someone on the strawbale list ask if anyone one had put in a Solar
Chimney on their house.  I am familiar with the idea of a wind
tunnels as used in the middle east because we covered that subject
while at Cal-Earth in Calif.  The message mentioned Solar chimmey's
were effective in hot climates. So I was just trying to clarify if
Solar chimmey's and wind tunnel's are the same.

Hope this cleared up the mysterious subject.

Pat & Carroll
& the rest of the Maukly crew
email:  goshawk at gnat.net
http :  http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk