Cob Aprovecho mini profile

Robert Bolman robtb at efn.org
Sat Oct 4 00:36:42 CDT 1997

> Sorry if I missed it but what is aprovecho?

Aprovecho Research Institute in Cottage Grove, Oregon was founded by Ianto
Evans who subsequently was compelled to leave (not a pretty story, I'm
told).  Ianto went on to found Cob Cottage Company after that.

Aprovecho mainly experiments with appropriate technology: solar this and
that.  they're perhaps best known for the "rocket stove", a very efficient
wood burning, cooking device which is filling a great need in many poorer
countries.  Aprovecho is currently building one or two straw bale
structures.

I imagine that they have a web site (hint, hint)

Robert Bolman