Cob do it yourself building codes

Michael Saunby mike at chook.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 11:33:00 CDT 1997

> Hi Robert -

> > the U.S. to build a truly sustainable house.  The U.S. with all its wealth
> > has an embarrassing number of homeless people.  <<
>
> That's fact.  It's also fact that there are a lot of people who are not
> homeless but have no hope of ever being able to afford a home of their own the
> way things are now.  I'm one of the latter and I'm watching the cob
> conversation with great interest.  And hope.

> If it isn't, it sure ought to be.

It is, -

UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

On December 10, 1948 the General Assembly of the United Nations
adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights...

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the
health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food,
clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and
the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness,
disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in
circumstances beyond his control.

(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and
assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall
enjoy the same social protection.

If anyone wants the full text it is on the Web (www.un.org probably)
or email me.  I know this is off topic, this posting isn't intended to
extend the discussion.

--
Michael Saunby