Cob cob / ceramics

Paul S. Hetrick monk at Radix.Net
Tue Oct 28 17:03:43 CST 1997

   > >        this is kind of an aside - maybe pat newberry might know best:  does
   > > anybody know why it is inappropriate to mix straw with clay if one is making

Knowing a bit about firing pots I'll take a guess and say that the air
 trapped with the straw would do bad things when it expanded.  If you
had enough straw that every void had a path to the outside it might
work.

-->paul
monk at radix.net           | And when we find ourselves
A Shaker Song Circa 1840 | In the place just right
Author Unknown           | 'Twill be in the valley
Verse II                 | Of love and delight