Cob RE: sustainability and straw

S. William Edwards cr975 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Dec 1 17:38:29 CST 1997

	This discussion is getting way beyond what people are looking for in
this list.  Your concerns are probabbly valid but I suspect as does Carol
M. that the real problem is population - too many people on the planet
than can be supported reasonably. Drastic methods might be needed to
correct the problems we are creating but this list may not be the best
place to advance it.  I believe you included a web page address so that we
can if we choose look at the issues in more detail.

	(I am reminded of one of Douglas Adam's books in which he refers to
a planet which was very concerned about its resources being depleted by
offworlders.)