Cob Strawbale Construction Building Permit

Jim Cornish jcornish at crosslink.net
Wed Dec 3 09:37:09 CST 1997

Hello EVERYONE!

        We are Jackie and Jim and live in Virginia.  We have been monitoring
this mail for almost a year now with particular interest in "Strawbale" home
construction.  This is the first time we have submitted a mailing - mainly
because we only had questions and no experience.

        We have been hoping to build on 11 acres that we purchased 2 years
ago - mostly a hay field.  We read this mail with interest and have designed
a house plan that will suit our needs using strawbale and passive-solar
features.  We recognize that a major hurdle that we will have to overcome is
obtaining the required building permits and insurance, etc..  To the best of
our knowledge, this will be a first in the state, certainly in our county -
please correct us if this is not true.

        It is our understanding that there is a model "proposal" that is
available to assist in the process of securing the required permit, but are
at a loss to know where to find it.  If someone reading this knows where to
locate it or how to obtain it, would you please get back to us?  We would
sincerely appreciate such an effort.

        Thank you, we look forward to productive and continued communications,

Jim & Jackie Cornish
King George, Virginia
FINANCIAL HEALERS
Jim Cornish, CFIC (1Q1J)
12352 Hunters Run
King George, VA 22485
540-775-2815 (BUS) OR 800-478-4694 (RES)