Cob Re: Source of Bags

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Thu Dec 11 18:08:36 CST 1997

Holidays or not, I've still managing to work a bit on my house.
Between the rains that is.

Anyway I got a good deal on some bags (poly type).
They were misprints
I was turned on to this by David (neoneon)
(Kaki hunter has used the same source as well)

It's McDowell Industries
1-800- 354-0242 and ask for Scott Fleuer

It's interesting because these bags are single bags (for earth
building) where as I was previously using the roll-o-bags. With the
single bags you must alternate the courses (sp?) like brick laying.
I like the long bags a lot but this was a significant reduction in
cost. Even with straight cob, these work well for foundations.

I plan on building some arches around this dome I have with the earth
filled bags then use cob in the arches. I'm not putting in bedroom
right away and when I expand, I can break thru the cob in the arches
and not worry about impacting the structural integrity of the
building.

I'm still working on the photos to show my progress, so
soon soon.

L&L
Pat
Mauk, Georgia