Cob Fun in the Sun

Vernon B. Johnston vajohnston at nas.com
Fri Jan 2 21:32:11 CST 1998

Hi Cobbers,

My wife Alice and I have found ourselves in a particularly good situation
where we can leave our little homestead for about 4 to 6 weeks.  We are
experienced in cob in that we have attended a Cob Cottage Workshop, built a
cob sweat/sauna on our property, and have made ready for a cob house on our
property.  Namely, we have finished building the foundation for our 787 sq.
foot cob home and the footings for a cob cistern.  It is getting too cold to
work with the cob where we live.  Now... we want to do some tropical
traveling and visiting.

We were wondering if there are any Cobbers or potential Cobbers out there
who might be interested in us stopping by during our travels.  We, like I
mentioned above, have some experience in cob and would be happy to pass on
what we know and what we have experienced so far.  We are also very open to
learning more about alternative building.

Our present plans are to either go to Hawaii, Mexico, or some other warm,
watery zone. Maybe even New Zealand.  We are taking our camping gear and our
SPF lotion.  We plan on leaving in a week or two and be back here in the
Pacific Northwest around the end of February.

So... anybody have any ideas?  Anybody want a couple visitors? Please answer
directly to our email address.  vajohnston at nas.com

Sincerely,

Vernon and Alice