Cob home size

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Mon Jan 5 15:39:24 CST 1998

  The only question
> I have is how large can you make them with out it getting to complicated?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thankyou,
>                                 Lindsay Frisch

Hey Linsay:

    I think I've ask myself that question more than a few times. I've
started a building for my family back in ooohhh let's say june of last
year. Using a superadobe technique, but not (time and effort wise)
unlike cob. It's December, we made the new goal to be December next
year.

The size of the house house had grown smaller since the initial
"Family" drawn floor plan. Now mind you since I do 80% of the
building and hey the rest of the crew doesn't read email that
often....
ok I'll be cool.
well anyway hell even after the "downsizing" we are still talking
about 1300 sq ft. (see!) Now back to size and complication.

you can repeat a simple design and increase size as needed.
kind of a nature kind of thing.
beehives
spider webs
and such

also

keep the feeling of art,
this very important for the owner build home servant.
those longs days or weekends,
money won't matter much,
but art will.

The fact is cob takes more time than stick built houses.
so what.
you're puttin more into it
that's why.

love and light