Cob cobbing in S. Africa

dodge at netactive.co.za dodge at netactive.co.za
Fri Jan 16 02:21:56 CST 1998

Rodger Bosch & Elaine Williams

We live in Cape Town and have recently joined the list. We are planning to
buy a small piece of land about 80kms from the city, and would like to
build a house on it, and are interested in using "alternative building
technology" to facilitate owner-building an environmentally friendlier and,
hopefully, cheaper and more aesthetically interesting house.
At the moment we are looking for any and all advice for beginners.
Does anyone on the list know of any cobbing groups/individuals, expertise
or training in Southern Africa?
Aside from the manual advertised on the Cob Cottage home page, which we
will order, any advice on reading matter, and whre to get it would be
greatly appreciated.
Look forward to getting involved in technical discussions.
R&E