Cob available worker(s)

Chuck Learned clearned at bminet.com
Mon Feb 2 14:16:07 CST 1998

Greetings,

My family is in the planning stages of building a Natural Home. We are
interested in helping
somebody for a week or so on a project(s) that would reflect the skills and
experience we need
to develop. We would be open to one or more projects if the logistics would
work out. This
year is our time to search for land and work on the basic preliminary steps
and next year
will be our building time. That said we are available potentially any time
this year for assisting
you.

Experience that I currently have is limited.

As far as Natural Building. I did attend last years 5 day Natural Building
Colloquim. I worked on
the straw bale structure, the Cob structure, assisted with the earthen
floor. I have been studiously
reading the strawbale and cob building books. I have very basic carpentry
experience. I will be
attending the NE Natural Building Colloquim in June. I have also been
studying and have
attended demonstrations on cordwood construction and underground
construction. The
house we build we be energy independent and hopefully we will employ the
Watson Wick
for Septic. The house we will build will be a hybred to fit the land and
resources of the
Midwest. Sooooooooo given this, I/we are interested in getting our hands
dirty and helping
you out this year. Since all aspects from foundation to applying natural
plasters and paints,
to installing solar and wind applications, septics etc must be practiced we
are open and
interested in your ideas and projects.

The most ideal situation is where our family could come together (My
partner Linda and
my seven year old homeschooled son). Linda is quick learner and a good folk
singer. We
can provide for our own lodging if need be and prepare our own meals.
Simple and rustic
living is expected. We are slowly trying to develop an intentional living
community, we
are flexible, take directions, do dishes etc.

Save this message. Keep us in mind. We could be available as early as March
and we
will fly or drive to your site if the project is right.

In Peace,

Chuck Learned
608 423-3031
w8976 Ripley Rd.