Cob Size Estimates

Paul Valerio valeri at io.com
Tue Feb 17 09:44:54 CST 1998

Carol wrote:

> The technique (leichtlehmbau) is very interesting and something I'll think about for a
> while.  Where can I learn more about it?

I have no idea!  All I know is what is in that handout.  I have seen the
house in person, and it is very impressive.  The picture in the Straw
Bale House book does not do it justice.

I did ask the owner if he had any building plans and he just laughed.
He maintains that it is very simple.  You can plan as you go.  Doors and
windows can actually be cut out after you've made the walls.

There are some references on the handout, but I have been unable to
locate them.  Oh yeh, someone posted a link with info:

> http://www2.cmpbs.org/cmpbs/

That will link you to the Center for Maximum Building Potential.  I
think it was there that they have part of that German book translated
into English.

pv