Cob RE: light-clay

Frank Duffy frank at chimney.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 10:53:51 CST 1998

In message <01bd3ccc$11bdfaa0$d161d6cc at home.efn.org>, Robert Bolman
<robtb at efn.org> writes

>I share Todd Larkin's desire to see some hard test results on the insulation
>value of Light-Clay wall infill.
>
>Cob Cottage Company has a really cool looking book on all kinds of earthen
>stuff including Light-Clay, but it's all in German.  Has it ever been
>translated?  I believe that Light-Clay's most prominent history of use is in
>Germany.
>
>Robert Bolman

Is what you are calling Light-Clay what I would call LECA or Lightweight
Expanded Clay Aggregate.  If it is it is a product that we sell on a
regular basis in our company as insulation.  I know that our MD in
Denmark has a long history with use of LECA in building brick kilns etc
throughout Scandinavia.  If interested I'll ask him if he has any info.
I'm meeting him in London next week.
--

Frank Duffy     Glasgow, Scotland.
Personal email to                  frank at chimney.demon.co.uk