Cob lime-stabilized cob

Chuck Learned clearned at bminet.com
Sun Feb 22 10:15:32 CST 1998

Michael,

I appreciate hearing about your plaster mixture. Could you share more on
this plaster
mix. (i.e. types of animal hair, length of hair, ratios of soil, sand and
lime.) Any other
helpful hints would be welcomed. We are in Wisconsin so a moisture
repellant, breathable
plaster is of keen interest.

In Peace and Mud,

Chuck Learned

> From: Michael Saunby <mike at chook.demon.co.uk>
> To: coblist at deatech.com
> Subject: Re: Cob lime-stabilized cob
> Date: Sunday, February 22, 1998 8:46 AM
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > from many sources I learned that lime can be used to stabilize adobe,
rammed earth, etc. with a clay content of at least 20%. So it should work
with cob as well, right? Or am I missing something?