Cob castle turret

Will Firstbrook WCB of BC wfirstbr at wcb.bc.ca
Wed Feb 25 17:18:18 CST 1998

Hi Fellow Cobbers,

In our ongoing plans & ideas for our dream home. We want a whimsical
castle design for part of the house. I feel that a castle isn't a castle
unless it has several turrets. So I was thinking of building a cob wall
and corbelling an arch to the base of the area where we wish to have the
turret using some sturdy branches for extra strength.  When embedding
the floor joist to the second floor extend the joists through the wall
out into the base of the turret area and continue building the second
floor wall and the turret.

Does this seem reasonable? Does anyone have any other great ideas on how
to do this?

Regards,
Will