Message from Linda & Ianto - Cob Cottage part time position

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Feb 27 14:11:18 CST 1998

Dear Cob Webbers and Natural Builders,

Janine who has so competently managed public information and the Cob Cottage
Company office for the past year is itching to get back to the Earth and Mud
dance.  She has accepted a job starting in April, building a new Cob House in
Northern California.

We appreciate your help and referrals of alumni or Associates you recommend to
join Cob Cottage as our new part time Manager of Public Information.  We're
interviewing immediately.

Janine is available to train in March of 98.  We invite interested persons to
schedule for a week long volunteer working interview.

Thank you for your support!
Linda & Ianto

PART TIME POSITION WITH COB COTTAGE FOR MANAGER OF PUBLIC INFORMATION

IMMEDIATE, 20 Feb 1998

DUTIES
1. Phone response to a range of natural building questions
2. Basic office maintenance: receiving mail, shipping, files, etc.
3. Register and coordinate workshop participants
4. Design and send out info. on special events, courses, etc., help with the
   Cobweb twice annually
5. Show Demonstration Buildings to visitors
6. Coordinate Cob Cottage's associates and trainers

There are other, optional interesting tasks: teaching, public presentations,
graphics and design, typesetting, writing articles and building.

SKILLS NEEDED

* Building experience, especially cob
* High organizational skill, detail oriented, office experience
* Experience in work with public/communications
* Basic typing/word processing (graphics/typeset/paste-up an asset)
* Good stress management (we're busy quite often), sense of humor

WORKING CONDITIONS

Always fascinating, a constant stimulus.  The heart of the Natural Building
Movement!  Endless interesting calls, visitors, mail.  An ideal place to
absorb the cutting edge of an important and expanding alternative movement.
An exciting opportunity!

We work out of a big solar heated space with lake and mountain views on a 1200
acre forest/meadow land trust.  10 minutes to Cottage Grove.  35 minutes to
Eugene.  Kitchen, big garden, hot tub, silence, clean air, dark at night, elk,
bear, and cougar.

Initially 3 days per week, opportunity to be full time; time flexible.  You get
an unpaid month's training, then join staff.  We all take modest pay. Lunches,
sometimes supper, garden produce, chance for a room on site.  We're a
collective so you're self-employed.

Bonuses include at least one free natural building workshop, participation in
Natural Building Colloquium in October, free room and board until March 10.
You'll also meet many of our professional colleagues.  Famous writers,
researchers, plus dozens of associates and alumni from several countries.
We are interviewing now, so phone Ianto, Linda, or Janine at (541) 942-2005
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:30am - 5:00pm or 942-3021 evenings and
mornings.