Cob

Robert Bolman robtb at efn.org
Mon Mar 2 16:51:48 CST 1998

>I have heard that cob only has an R value (insualation) of .25 per inch
>of cob.
>Is this true-The heat would be sucked right out -"Stone cold"

I see this as a tough issue.  I love cob.  it is so beautiful.  It is so
environmentally friendly taht it makes much ofwhat they talk about on the
Greenbuilding group pale by comparison.  But I hear that indeed, those
little cob cottages that people are building get real cold.  they acn be
easier to heat by virtue of their little size, but still I just don't know.
The greatet enthusiasm I feel for cob is as the thermal mass part of a straw
bale structure.

Robert Bolman