Cob Re: Building BOOKS available

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Apr 7 09:18:35 CDT 1998

TO:Coblist readers  and All who are building with earth, strawbale and
natural materials, Ianto, Becky Bee,(Cobbers) Rob Roy ( Cordwood) Judy &
Matt Myhrman Out on Bale) and I have talked about this and even though I'm
not totally ready to annnounce I will say that I will be providing
books/videos/audios on building.

Elk River Press & Taylor Publishing are working fast to have a free NEW
catalog with over 100 titles on natural building  and sustainable home
books, including all the Straw Bale, Cob, rammed earth and books on the
real basics..such as pole-frame building, wiring, solar oven cooking, etc.,
plus books on lime plaster/mortar from Scotland.

Most of the practical skill books are under $15, with many under $10.
There are many fancy titles out there, but I am focusing on the books and
booklets which can really deliver information for people building right now.

Web page with complete listings soon, ( May 15 I hope) plus reviews, book
face photo, etc.

will be able to fulfill orders by credit card or check. by mail.( but no
fancy internet ordering- but we have a secure way to do it via e-mail)

If anyone would like a COMPLETE LIST of titles and prices NOW I can email
it to them for review. - just put "SEND ME LIST" in the subject and I get
it to you

Thanks for your interest and I'd be happy to answer any questions via e-mail.

Charmaine R. Taylor
PO Box 6985
Elk River Press & Taylor Publishing
'Books for people who want to build it themselves'

(PS I am also going to carry out of print and hard to find books on
building and will do searches for people)

As a historical note the FIRST "The Rammed Earth House" was published in
1947 after WWII and address the same issues of expensive homes/lack of
money & materials as we all face today. Written by Anothiny Merrill, it may
be available in a used book store

Charmaine R. Taylor
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/elkriver.html