Cob Job.

Mike Carter cobcrew at sprynet.com
Tue May 5 06:34:05 CDT 1998

We're in the final stages of wall building before thatching.  CobCrew needs
another person to help out until mid-June!  Our first unit was topped out
yesterday at 15.5 feet; the second is at 5 feet.  Both have lofts.  We have
3 people on the project now (2 full-time, 1 part-time).  Requirements:

1)  Make and place Cob.
2)  Must be used to heavy work outdoors and have an enthusiastic attitude.
3)  Must like plants and animals (a fox visited us yesterday afternoon).
4)  Having your own transportation would be a big help.
5)  Light carpentry a plus - we need to put up roof rafters for the
thatchers.

Sorry, there is no onsite camping - we are in a subdivision.
This is like a long workshop except you get paid.  All of us are Cob Cottage
trained but that is not a requirement for the job.

Mike Carter
cobcrew at sprynet.com
Austin, TX    USA