Cob ANNOUNCE: N. CA earth bag foundation work party

John Schinnerer JohnS at STLabs.com
Thu May 14 11:38:05 CDT 1998

Aloha,

Occidental Arts & Ecology center near Occidental, CA (in Sonoma County -
West of Santa Rosa) will be having a work party May 23rd and 24th to start
the foundations for a new building on their land.

They are planning to use earth bag methods (like Cal-Earth, the Newberrys in
GA, etc.) to build the foundation for a structure that will eventually
involve a variety of other methods & workshops (cob, straw bale, light clay,
etc.) for completion.

If anyone's in the area and wants to help & learn, call them at (707)
874-1557 (or fax at (707) 874-1558) and ask for Brock Dolman.  I think
they're asking for $15 to feed participants (they do GREAT food!) and as far
as I know you can camp for free or possibly stay in their yurt-dorms.  Brock
will have the details.

John Schinnerer