Groundworks' Cob and Cordwood

zod scalzod at fred.fhcrc.org
Mon Jun 8 11:10:50 CDT 1998

M J Epko wrote:
<cut>

> Um, that's all that's coming to what's left of my mind just now. Is
> Bekcy Bee doing your workshop, or is that a different-but-similar thing
> somewhere else?

    Yes, this is Groundworks' symposia/project at Pragtree farm [june 15-22
(women) july 6-15 (mixed) 360.403.0185; shameless plug].  It will be
loadbearing, and consists of cob/moss insulation/cob wall.  I believe it is
following Roy's prototype.  They've already built the stone foundation and
have built up some walls in anticipation of actually completing the
structure during the two symposia.
    Thanks for the perspectives.  I'll pass this on to Becky then post her
thoughts: it sounds similar to what she's been thinking.