Cob hemp in cob

Jack C. Thompson tcl at teleport.com
Wed Jun 17 00:40:13 CDT 1998

>How about some more noxious canidates like Knapweed, Dalmation Toadflax,
>etc.  I'm always looking for a use for those so folks will rush out and
>pluck them from the roadsides and make something good from a non-native
>pest plant.  Seems like these could work equally well in cob or Fiberous
>cement!?!

I'm not familiar with the plants you mention, but in general, once the
non-fibrous material has been taken away by retting or by chemical
processes there ain't much left.

Unless there was a lot of non-fibrous material there to begin with.  So,
with hemp, flax, straw, there is a lot of chaff/hurd material to work with.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick