Cob Regional Natural-Builder Organizations & Individuals

Mark Piepkorn thelaststraw at zianet.com
Wed Jun 24 13:04:12 CDT 1998

Please feel free to forward this message as you deem appropriate.

	Regional Natural-Builder Organizations and Individuals:

	The next issue of The Last Straw is the annual Resources issue. The Last
Straw is a primarily reader-written quarterly publication, typically
running 36 pages, established by Matts Myhrman and Judy Knox in 1992, about
straw-bale construction. Our coverage will continue to retain this
emphasis, but is being expanded to include more substance on other
complimentary natural-building techniques, such as cob, adobe, cordwood,
earthship systems, etc.

	On the straw bale front, we'd like to help publicize the many regional SB
organizations that have been popping up recently by running short
news/promo articles about each of them, perhaps with an appropriate picture
or two. We're looking for 300-word or so (that's pretty short) submissions
about your organization, briefly mentioning its mission, work, contact
info, etc.

	We're operating under a deadline of July 10, which is coming up quick.

	This issue also contains our "Human Resources List," which we keep by our
phones so that we can refer people to topically- and regionally-appropriate
contacts when they call; this list will also be posted to our
strawhomes.com website, which is an established and heavily-trafficked
domain. The bulk of the issue is comprised of free listings of services and
products, and we will gladly consider all tips and requests for inclusion;
a listing in the actively-used, web-posted, larger-type Human Resources
"Hot List" is available for $25 USD (which is as close to offering
advertising as we've come; the only other operating funds are from
subscriber monies). The deadline for inclusion is July 10.

	This is the official, prepared blurb:

	The Last Straw is the quarterly news journal of straw bale and natural
building. Each year's Summer Issue is devoted to Resources for natural
building. This includes the extensive and much-sought-after "Human Resource
List," which publishes information about those who provide services or
assistance - architects, designers, builders, etc. The List is published
each Summer and is updated with new names or other changes in subsequent
issues. This year the list will also be on the internet at The Last Straw's
web site - http://www.strawhomes.com . At only $25 per year for a listing,
we have been told it is a bargain. We hope you will join us on the List for
the coming year. Please note: Listings are on a Summer-to-Spring Issue
basis, so a listing made part way through the year will need to be renewed
before the next year's Summer Issue. Return this form with a $25 USD check,
money order or bank draft to
The Last Straw
HC 66, Box 119
Hillsboro, NM 88042
USA

Thanks... The Last Straw Staff

Indicate Resource Type:
D=designer, A=architect, C=contractor, B=builder, OB=owner-builder, BR=bale
resource, CO=code official, IR=information resource, X=other/misc

Name:

Company:

Address:

City:

State:

Country:

Zip Code:

Phone (optional):

Fax (optional):

Email/Website (optional):

Services/Resource Description (30 words or less):

Mark Piepkorn, Associate Editor

mail	The Last Straw:
	The Journal of Straw Bale Construction
	HC 66, Box 119