Cob construction in Tennessee??

Ecoarcht at aol.com Ecoarcht at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 07:12:40 CDT 1998

hello,
my name is howard switzer, i will be doing a small presentation on history
etc. at that workshop at moodshadow in the sequatchie. I am a registered
architect in Tennessee who has been helping folks with strawbale and cob
houses for owner builders. Have not gotten any cob structures permitted in
Tennessee but haven't tried yet either because the two mentioned are in rural
counties that don't have much of a building code. If you are building near a
metropolitan area it may be more difficult. I am available to help, sometimes
plans with an architects stamp on them can be of influence, i could give them
my presentation on its long history etc. and since Chattanooga is "the
environmental city" perhaps we can move them, it would be a fine coup if we
could. Of course, one draw back, i would need payed.
~~howard