Cob Thatching and other workshops

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Jul 15 06:08:36 CDT 1998

It may surprise all of you to know that there are still openings in the
August 30 - September 12 thatching workshop being put on by Cob Cottage
Company.  The course will be held near Eugene, Oregon, and is again being
taught by Flemming Abrahamsson with assistance provided by Ianto Evans and
Linda Smiley of the Cob Cottage Company.  Aside from being a master
thatcher, Flemming is also an architect and inventor, and is heavily
involved in the development of composting toilets and mass stoves.
Flemming is an excellent instructor with a wide range of natural building
knowledge, and I personally would consider it worthwhile to just hang out
with him for two weeks for all the other information you can pick up from
him aside from thatching.  He once built a composting port-a-poty on
wheels with a thatched roof and woven sides that look like a giant wicker
basket (unfortunately my photo of his photo didn't come out very well).

If you are interested, I have added a new web page with more information
on the Oregon thatching workshop at:

   http://www.deatech.com/natural/thatchws2.html

There are also additional openings in some of the other Cob Cottage
workshops as well.  The Cob Cottage Company home page is located at:

   http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage/

If you have trouble with any of the web pages, please let me know.

Shannon C. Dealy
dealy at deatech.com