Ready to Cob!

Mike Carter cobcrew at sprynet.com
Sat Jul 18 17:44:04 CDT 1998

 We want to move and buy land where there are other
>folks who are also living earth-friendly.
Wow - is that ever important!  Our conservative Baptist neighbors in Texas
think our Cob house is lunacy and would love to tear it down.  Their kids
like it, though.

 We don't care where, though we
>really love arizona and Oregon.
As soon as our thatched roof is up, I'm taking a break from homebuilding for
a few weeks and heading for Oregon to investigate starting/joining a Cob
co-housing group.

A place where codes will not be a big
>issue. Is there such a place? Can some sugest it to us?
We built in an area with just septic codes.  But even in a coded area,
getting an architect or engineer to bless the project should carry a lot of
weight with the code folk.

Stop by Austin on your way West!

Mike Carter
cobcrew at sprynet.com