Cob Off Topic: Cheap land---last chance

Paul & Mary Salas chansey at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 2 20:04:42 CDT 1998

Patmon, Steve wrote:

> Paul how large are these parcels and when is it required to be bid upon.
> Do you know of an info-line or other means of acquiring information
> onthe parcels.  Steve

Steve,

Best advise is to contact the County Assessor where the property is
located that you want to bid on.  The parcel sizes and assessor phone
numbers can be found at http://www.state.nm.us/tax/ptd/ptd_home.htm. Hit
Deliquent property bureau to see the Home page. Select current sale
schedule to view the counties that have properties available.  Select
the county you want to view the parcels and all the details.

I live in Bernalillo County and i went out looking and was talking to my
realtor with whom I have an open escrow on 10 acres of M-1 land close to
town.  i asked him how many times he had bid on Deliquent Tax Property
and he said never.  I had looked up 3 parcels near his office and asked
him what land would cost in the area.  He said, about $80,000 per lot.
The parcels on the tax list are to be sold for $2,500 each. Only problem
I see is that the neighborhood has homes in the range of $300,000 to
$500,000. A few others I checked out have the same type of upside
potential.

My wife just started a new job and it is located 18 miles northwest of
where we now live.  On the tax list are two parcels of 40 acres each for
$3,500 a piece that are 7 minutes away from he job.  My wife wants all
80 acres---she'll probably get them too!!!!

E-mail if you need omore info--	I can't believe the number of private
e-mails I have received on this last post.

Good luck--Paul