Cob codes & Locations

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Fri Aug 14 06:55:53 CDT 1998

 I hope to use some sort of earth construction. I'll
> be in the Port Townsend area. It is much drier than Atlanta,
> something that fellow Atlantans refuse to believe :-)
>
> -Jeffrey Kirsch

Isn't the answer just make sure you have wider overhangs than are
normal used. I'm about 2 hrs south of Atlanta and have had some
trouble with earthen construction only with long periods of rain,
and when I was in the middle of some project which wasn't covered or
protected well.

I fully believe you can build with earth anywhere, however the
climate(rain fall and temp) will affect just how you use this medium.
This is true even for stick houses. The building techiques used in
Florida are going to be different than those build in Alaska. Same
materials, just different techniques.

Pat
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk
"There is No Hope, but I may be wrong."