Cob a cob code mission for all cobbers day

Jeffrey Kirsch jkirsch at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 17 10:30:12 CDT 1998

Well, the structures that are still standing have passed with flying colors.
What about the ones that may have failed? We can learn a lot from
them, but unless they failed recently and some analysis was
applied to the design and construction, we don't have much.
It could well be that some clever method we come up with was
tried three centuries ago and didn't work. Who's to know? Nothing
like re-inventing the wheel!
Which leads me to an idea. How about the cob builders out there
documenting their buildings. Patrick Newberry has done a great job
of this, and I have learned a lot from him (and Patrick, I do want to
visit you sometime). But there seems to be not much else out
there. Perhaps a central repository of drawings, photos,
construction notes, etc. someplace online. I'm especially
interested in the failures, as we can learn a lot about what not to do.
Sound fun?

-Jeffrey
From:           	<Ecoarcht at aol.com>
Date sent:      	Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:48:46 EDT