Cob Re: I received my order

Juan C. Bobeda JCBobeda at infonet.com.py
Mon Sep 7 11:28:31 CDT 1998

Dear Linda:

Last Monday, I received the books and video I had ordered and I would
like to thank you for sending the Photo Book as a gift.

After reading the Cobber's Companion, the Reader and looking at the
Video, I think I can easily build a cob house. This is because I am a
Civil Engineer and have sufficient knowledge of construction methods.

Unfortunately, the information, as presented, isn't sufficient for our
local masons or small farmers to build with cob.

It would be great if you could film a Video where you show each step of
the construction of a cob dwelling so an interested person could learn
by just looking at the video even if he doesn't understand all of what
is said.

What I am trying to say is that it would be a fine thing if our normal
masons could learn how to build with cob and offer cob houses to the
public at a small cost without normal people having to learn how to
build their own cob homes. I know you teach how to build in one week
courses, but for many people it is almost impossible to attend to these
courses due to the distance. For example, I have a son that will be an
architect next year and he would like to attend one of your courses but
for us, the cost of the trip to the US and the other expenses is just
too much since we don't earn our money in US$.

I sure hope you can make that video. If you do, please send me one!

Best regards,

Juan C. Bobeda