Cob Another one for you

spencers bardsong at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 16 22:56:38 CDT 1998

> Plug the gaps with cob, then do another layer.  Getting the picture?

Yeah, like Rob Roy's cordwood home, of which there's a websight too.

 and one could cob all
> the way to the top in one day as the hydro-static pressure is restricted to
> the 'micro-climate' between each chunk of wood -- it's the bits of wood
> that to the collective weight supporting.

And you can use bunches of other goodies also, like 2x4 scraps , mixed
well of course.

> Also, I'm guessing that in even a lightly-treed area, the trees cut down to
> make a space for one's house would provide more than enough in-fill, as
> _almost_everything_can_be_used.

Dry this stuff well. laying a wet-green-wood wall will be disasterous in
quite a short time.

> Once completed, the wall could be covered with your preferred finish to
> keep the animals and elements out.

Also know your ins and outs of cordwood building, theres a good bit to
know there. Sealers and all that too. Thing is to be open to alot, do
what works for you. And recycle everything you can ever imagine into
that baby. That way you can be smiling on Mother's cover, all giddy from
the 10,000 buckaroo mansion you just finished.

Shawn http://spaceformusic.com/bardsong

PS. Anybody want some inexpensive Gibson guitar parts?