Cob mortar-just do it

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat Oct 10 05:48:55 CDT 1998

>I was just thinking the other day that there hasn't been much activity
>on the list, and not only that but there really aren't too many people
>actually building--most of us are still dreaming and planning.  So three
>cheers for Jud!
>
>pv

Hello cobbers...

I would encourage anyone to build something small as a starter with cob, it
is amazing how practice makes you open up to other possibilites and ideas.

I have been messing with the wood chips and sawdust and am really happy
with it, and it does take a long time for hand  mixing just to finish the
big garden bench I am making, but each time I go out back and start I love
the process..its just slow...but thats OK too.

I spend 3-4 hours in old clothes and a big sunhat pouring and mixing and
stirring and moulding, and the cats run around andplay and get
underfoot...and I enjoy beiong outdoors.

People could build a small privacy wall, or animal shelter or childs
playhouse/storage unit just for the experience...a whle house is a big
project,
but smaller ones are more easy to approach and actuially finish

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 6985 Eureka CA 95502  1-888-307-7650
'Books for people who want to build'

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/